Sunday, November 18, 2012

for the love of flannel


fist pumpin' like a champ. awkward
Flannel - Vans//Skirt - Dollhouse//Necklace, Ring and Blazer - Forever 21//Shoes - Madden Girl
Flannel button-up shirts used to be a beloved staple in my casual fall/winter wardrobe - but that was when I had long hair.  Back then, these shirts could easily be thrown on and layered for a cozy, casual cold weather look.  Since cutting my hair short, however, I find this way of wearing flannels to be a little too... er, masculine on me.  For that reason this section of my closet has gone largely unworn this season.  That is until I went out to supper with some friends a few days ago and realized how much I missed wearing flannel in the fall.  Since then I've been determined to wear these shirts again in a way that better suits my new hairstyle.  Adding some feminine touches, such as a pink lipstick, necklace, pleated skirt and heels has made this look wearable for me again and I'm looking forward to trying out other ways to wear these shirts in future outfits.

No comments:

Post a Comment