Wednesday, October 24, 2012

one thing about wellies



Shirt - Joe Fresh//Sweater - Winners//Necklace - H&M//Pants - Uniqlo//Boots - Hunter//Jacket - Simons

Today I was having some trouble deciding whether or not I should wear wellies (hashtag firstworldproblems).  On one hand, it had rained overnight and the ground was still damp.  On the other, the sun was coming out and didn't look like it planned on bailing anytime soon.  In the end I chose my wellies.  See, the thing about wellies (that sets them apart from my other boots) is that they don't limit the possibilities of where I can walk.  Do I love my black suede boots?  Absolutely.  Can I wear them walking through the muddy grass?  Not if I want to be able to continue wearing them.  My wellies, however, allow me to be a little more carefree on the walk to class/work/anywhere.  
It doesn't matter if I step in it in these things.  So I'm taking the shortcut through the puddles.  My wellies have my back ;)

2 comments:

  1. You've made a right choice of choosing to wear your wellies on a sunny day after an overnight rain. It gave you the advantage to go somewhere with those compared when you are wearing some shoes. Also, your wellies looks good on you. I like it black.

    ReplyDelete